1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player 11 Organization

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by pacman., Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacman.

pacman. Thread Starter

first off i'd like to apologize if i missed a thread like this while searching through the forums (i know how annoying it can be). i downloaded the beta version of wmp 11 and it seems fine except for the way it organizes my music. a good example is one of the cds i ripped to my laptop. i ripped the soundtrack to unbreakable to my laptop and i did NOT edit any information. i left it just the way it was and it now resides in a folder labeled "Unbreakable" with all the tracks in the correct order with the correct track name and information. however, when viewing the album through wmp 11, it says that track 1 comes from an 'unbreakable' album, track 2 comes from a different 'unbreakable' album and tracks 3-14 come from yet a third 'unbreakable' album. it also renamed tracks 3-5 to "Unbreakable Film Score" but those aren't the correct names and when i go back to the original folder on the computer, they're still correctly named. i only have ONE unbreakable album on my laptop with all the correct track names so why is wmp 11 automatically trying to figure out how to organize it (and doing a poor job of it) when it's already organized? "Unbreakable" is not the only album this happens to, it actually happens to most of my albums. is there a way i can tell wmp 11 to stop automatically organizing my music information and just have it organize my music the way i have it organized on my computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/473678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice