1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player 11 - Please Help

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by PunkRock385, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PunkRock385

PunkRock385 Thread Starter

Hello,

This is my first post, so sorry if it is in the wrong section.

I have Windows Vista and using WMP 11. I like it, and I like the way it organises my bands and albums. I am in the process of loading all my music on.
    I have a problem though, and it might seem trivial but it's doing my head in because I like to have my music organised.

I have AcDc's discography, but when WMP puts it into the library, it puts it all in one big folder, instead of listing it album by album like the other bands. It is all organised in "Music" like the other bands, so I cant see a reason for it doing so.

Below is a screenshot incase my description is not good enouph.:

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=acdcrq6.jpg

As you can see, the "Unknown" is AcDc, and I want it Organised like the other two. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

2. stantley

stantley

Hi, welcome to TSG.

If it's coming up as "Unknown" then the Mp3 tag data is missing. Right-click on a track to edit it manually or select a whole album and have WMP do an internet lookup to update the information.

WMP 11 is a decent video player, but it doesn't do a very good job of organizing music. Try MediaMonkey, it's a very good all-in-one music manager and it's free.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice