1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player 11 suddenly blurry

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by y10_94, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y10_94

y10_94 Thread Starter

Hello.
    I tried to play the movie Ocean's Twelve using Windows Media Player 11 (WMP 11). I had already just watched some portion of it in the morning, and was looking forward to watching it again. Its a .avi file. In the morning, the movie was showing perfectly, just as usual. Right now, however, the video is blurry in areas where people are moving, and NOTHING I've tried can fix it. I played the same file in Realplayer, and it was blurred again. When I played it using VLC Media Player and DivX player, however, the movie showed perfectly, with no blurriness, just like in the morning. But it was still blurred in WMP 11. I tried other movies (all .avi files) in WMP 11 too. Some of them worked normally, with no blurriness, totally clear, but others were blurred too. All the blurred movies in WMP 11 were blurred in Realplayer too, but not in VLC and DivX.
    I looked it up online, but there's nothing useful. I'm downloading my graphic card's latest driver, but I'm not completely sure that will fix this.
    Earlier in the day, after the afternoon (when WMP 11 was working perfectly), but before this point, a file called "wudfhost.exe" was removed by Norton Antivirus as it was performing suspicious activity. I put a new version of the file from another computer, and this one was safe. Is this related?
    Please reply as fast as possible, please, I really like my Windows Media Player, and completely prefer it over all the other ones, so PLEASE help me.
    Thanks for your time... please reply!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice