1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows media player 11

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ri7425ck, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ri7425ck

ri7425ck Thread Starter

I am running XP home edition. My comp is set up for automatic updates. Back in Dec 06 an update installed Win Media Player 11 and updated WMDRM enabled Media Players (KB902344) Since that time I have not been able to use this M.P. 11 at all. I can not access any of my music files from this program ( they all appear to be gone). Whenever I am online and try to open a video file attachment in my E-mail the player comes on and hangs I am usually able to cancel out of the MP, but then my video card starts to blink (the screen goes blank momentarily and comes back on). The only way to cure this is a reset. I have put up with this for too long. Please any help will be greatly appreceated! Thank you!

2. steven1350

steven1350

thats what happens when you use beta software. There is almost some kind of glitch in unfininalized software, you should wait until the program has been offically released before you put into use

3. ri7425ck

ri7425ck Thread Starter

I did not ask for this upgrade. It was sent on an automatic update. The question now is how do I get rid of it and get back to version 10?

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Have you tried uninstalling from add remove programs

5. kath100

kath100

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice