1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows media player 7.1 gone??

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by zip316, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zip316

zip316 Thread Starter

hi everyone,everytime i try to play windows media player 7.1 i get a message ,saying windows cannot find wmp.exe i have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times to no avail.i have windows 98 .so what is happening with windows media player? thanks in advance for any help.

2. bowmar

bowmar

It might be the installation program that is corrupt. try installing from another source or download Windows Media Player 9.0.

3. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

4. zip316

zip316 Thread Starter

hi everyone,i still keep losing wmp 7.1,i checked in the program files and could not find windows media player however i did find mplayer2.exe and dlimport.exe . is mplayer2.exe a virus? thanks in advance

5. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

No, mplayer2.exe is a device driver.......

6. buf

buf

zip316, I suggest that you go to the link below and get a fresh download of WMP7.1 and also WMP6.4 and then remove the 7.1 presently on your computer and then install the fresh WMP7.1 download. It could be that your present one has become corrupted.
    BTW, I 'think' the mplayer2.exe is the old old WMP6.4. I have both of these players are sitting in one folder on my HD. If I choose to use 6.4, I just click on the shortcut I placed on my desktop for it.
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=wmp
    Good luck to you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice