Windows Media Player as Default

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jeff B

Hello,
When I go to my saved video clips they are preceeded by the real player icon. How do I make windows media player my default (and get those icons to change)? Real player is a pain with all their pop-ups. Is there another free "player" program that is better to use than either of the above?
Thanks,
Jeff B.

right click on the file and click on properties and then change to always open with windows media player

Jeff B

Thanks,
Any way to change the icon (without removing realplayer from my laptop)? Can I get WMP to be my default so their icon shows up instead of Realplayer?
JB

i dont know exactly how cause i have it on this com but i was playin around in the options but i didnt see any way 2 set it as default

but i m sure someone knows how to so i m sure u will find out in the next couple of days but i will get on here and post to c if someone has anwsered you if not i will try to find out my self

Jeff B said:
Hello,
When I go to my saved video clips they are preceeded by the real player icon. How do I make windows media player my default (and get those icons to change)? Real player is a pain with all their pop-ups. Is there another free "player" program that is better to use than either of the above?
Thanks,
Jeff B.
You might want to check out Real Alternative it is better that Real Player because you don't have all the extra baggage.

Couriant

James
You will need to set the file types in WMP to make it your default player for those files.

If you are intending to play .RM and .RAM files in WMP you need RealAlternative. When you have installed it, simply right click on your .RAM or .RM file, and choose Open With > WMP. You will need to make sure that Always Use This Program is selected for it to select WMP as the default.

Couriant

James
As for another player, I would recommend Winamp for both video and audio and iTunes for audio only.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online