1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player closes it self when i run a file

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by groomsy, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. groomsy

groomsy Thread Starter

whether its in the internet or in the actual WMP itself it loads and then it hangs then closes real fast, also when it closes in my Internet Explorer it closes all my browsers, i have SP2 and i tried to revert back to SP1 but WMP wouldnt work at all, plz help. this happens on WMP 9 and WMP10

but Windows Media Player Classic works, also mpeg/mpg but wma/asf and avis wont work

i use Windows XP Home Edition

2. Borhan

Borhan

What type of codec you install?

3. groomsy

groomsy Thread Starter

i have Codec Pack - All In 1 6.1.9

but i use to have Nimo, K-Lite and Divx Codec and it still did it

4. Borhan

Borhan

hi.........ur problem may have a several reasons ,may be ur media player itself is corrupted so try reinstalling it ,or it may be the codec so uninstall all the codecs and install k-lite pack-it's the best in my openion-if the problem still existing send me the error report.

5. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

why do you have 2 versions of wmp? :rolleyes:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275298