1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player Compatability

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kieranc23, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kieranc23

kieranc23 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have used the latest version of Windows MovieMaker to create a video for school, however the school has Windows XP and will not run the newer version. I have changed the MovieMaker version on my Windows Vista laptop to the latest media player.This successfully works on my Windows 7 computer,as well as the Windows Vista Laptop.Will this work on the XP computers at school, or do I need to do something else? The video size is 26MB and I am transferring it using my USB.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Just use Moviemaker to create an AVI file. That should run ok on XP machines.

3. kieranc23

kieranc23 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975470