Windows Media Player crashes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Figgy

Ok m8s!

I was watching game-trailers and movie-trailers and my mediaplayer asked me if i wanted to update my mediaplayer, I selected te latest update Media-Player 10 I think. Then Instald the SLD-Codec pack (latest). Now my windows media player laggs and sometimes the picture turns green and makes the mediplayer crash.

Why is that? DirectX 9,0c (if thats any help)

awalker0878

Removed by request
some codecs are not compatible with each other which could be at issue. Also the more codecs you have the more it slow down your machine. The best way is not to install codec packs and uninstall any you have in your system then if you need to play a video download a utility like "Gspot" and only download codecs that are nessary to play that file.

Another alternative is to not use mediaplayer at all. There is a mediaplayer out there called videolan that can play any format except for .mov's. Its loaded with options that you'll probably never need or use but its one of the best players out there.

it can be found here:
www.videolan.org

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online