Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Media Player delay on startup question

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  vandy013 
#1 ·
When I click a media file (sound or video) to play it, the main Windows Media Player window comes up but then it just sits there blank for a few seconds before it begins playing. Is this normal, or not? It pretty annoying.

Also, sometimes when I click a media file to play it, nothing happens, and when I look in the taskmanager media player is already loaded. I have to "end task" and then when I click the media file again it brings up windows media player. I'm not sure if it's a problem of media player loading or if it just didn't shut down completely the last time it was running.

If anyone could comment on their experience with or without either of these problems that would be appreciated. By the way, I am using Windows Vista. Thanks.

#3 ·
I really doubt thats whats happening. I am running Windows Vista on a Core 2 Duo processor with 2 GB or RAM, and it has the same pause time whether its a video or sound clip, and no matter what size it is.

I'm just wondering if this happens for anyone else or not.

My best guess at this point is that it is connecting to the internet to send/retrieve information or something, but I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.