1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows media player doesn't see my download

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by tiberiouskirk, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiberiouskirk

tiberiouskirk Thread Starter

i have windows vista home premium with windows media player. i bought my first ever download. it went into my music folder, but windows media player doesn't see it, says it can't find it. i decided (I can't recall how i decided) that the problem was most likely because the download had a .htm file format. (It seems odd that music would be in .htm format, and that's one of my questions). anyhow, i downloaded a free translator to attempt to put the file into some form the player might recognize, but i could never figure out how to get the file into the translator, i couldn't figure out how to run the translator. finally, i got scared of goofing up my puter, and deleted the translator. I am totally lost! I can't find info anywhere on what file formats media player recognizes. I'm really excited to start learning this stuff---i havn't listened to my favorite music in about 20 years, and i really wanna do it. I don't know quite where to start and i feel discouraged.:(

2. N_reverie

N_reverie

.htm isn't a music file, so you're right about that.

It sounds as though you may have saved the LINK to the download instead of the song itself.

Where did you download this song from?

3. tiberiouskirk

tiberiouskirk Thread Starter

i bought the download at a site called PANDA. i liked it cuz the price was only 1.50 for the whole album. when i downloaded , i did exactly what they said and clicked how they said, but i will go back and look and try to figure out if i did what you said.
    I had never heard of an .htm file format so i did a bit of research...i learned that it is essentially html, which I am very familiar with since i used it in my work 20 years ago ( i havn't been in the workforce for 20 years, so i'm really rusty) so the music download must be imbedded in a bigger file which has htm format i think.
    it's funn learning about computers again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice