1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player duplicate files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Wolverine77, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wolverine77

Wolverine77 Thread Starter

ok heres what happened:

I had two hard drives, was copying my music to 2nd hard drive. took out the 2nd hard drive with the saved music on it, put it in another PC, without overwriting the files, i mean i still have the music files saved on the second hard drive. ok now i have both PC's hooked up on a network, the first pc can read the music files on the second PC fine plays em and everything, heres my problem: I had windows media player search for the files on the 2nd PC now i have every song i already had listed in windows media player twice!!! how do i erase all the list without loosing the files? I have over 1200 songs so deleting one at a time would take years.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

From the WMP help index for "delete"

Anyway, removing items from a list doesn't delete the files -- unless you give specific instructions to do that, so you could even delete the entire media library list and recreate it.

3. Wolverine77

Wolverine77 Thread Starter

ok will try that

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/345611