1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional ***

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vldubc, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vldubc

vldubc Thread Starter

okay....so im completly new to this site....and i had a problem with this stupid windows thing...lol and nothing would play out of frikn anything. like mp3 and all the music n videos on my computer wouldnt play..i looked for help on forums...and i came across this site with the hope of the thread that said
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help. 'SOLVED' but it was like a 1914 thread and no one helped me when i replyd last week...and sum other guy...so im found a cure...some how...lol they say on the old post to download k lite codec bla bla bla...well you should...do it once...let it delete the corupt rejistery files or wat not...but dont uninstall it yet...this is how i fixed mine...

...try right clicking volume mixer in the bottom right task bar...were u can controll the main volume n stuff...right click and select recording devices...then it will open up a window... click on the tab 'recording' and if there is only a microphone symbol there...right click in that box and press the 'show disabled disabled devices' and if u see 'cd audio' and 'stereo mix' that means there disabled..lol so right click on them and enable...and then sumthing like that should work...well it worked for me...so all the best....
    :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/727961