1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player error C00D001D

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rds33, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rds33

rds33 Thread Starter

I wanted to listen to an Ebert & Roeper movie review from their site at:

http://www.ebertandroeper.tv

The download attempt failed with an error code C00D001D

The Windows Knowledge Base was no help. It didn't recognize this error code.

Anyone know why Windows Media Player is having this trouble?

-rds33

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

What was the exact text of the error message please?

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

4. ezymony

ezymony

try right clicking save as ...i usually put mine on desktop and try playing it from there and you can delete or save ....

5. rds33

rds33 Thread Starter

Mosaic1 - Attached is a screen shot of the complete error message...such as it is.

I kept trying to download other movie reviews and finally got the dialog box to stay on the screen long enough to complete an FTP transfer. It was only 386KB, but it was an MP3 file for which I have WinAmp the designated program, NOT Windows Media Player.

I'm not going to change the default for MP3's to Windows Media Player. Frankly, I hate WMP. It's ugly to look at and clumsy to use.

With this post I'm declaring this thread RESOLVED. I can make WMP the default MP3 player briefly to test my theory, then change it back.

Thanks for your help, guys.

-rds33

Attached Files:

• aaa.gif
      aaa.gif
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62107

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice