1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player Error Message

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by PhilD1994, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilD1994

PhilD1994 Thread Starter

Well basicaly when i try to play a DVD using Windows Media Player I am getting the error message that says "Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings."

I have indeed got K-Lite Codec pack installed, when i do not have the codec pack installed i get a picture but absolutly no sound what so ever, this used to happen to me aswell. Recently i had to reinstall my whole system due to errors that were beginign to crash my system on a very regular basis, before i had to do this reinstall i had K-Lite installed and could play DVDs on windows media player fine wihtout any problems what so ever, i just do not understand why it is not working now. I also have Divx codec installed, i uninstalled this just to make sure the two were not conflicting with each other, but even with Divx not present on my machine it still would not play. Anyone got any adice on how i can fix this? Im running an Acer Aspire 5735 with windows vista home premium as the OS.
    Thanks

2. stantley

stantley

WMP can be temperamental at times.

Try VLC media player, it works much better.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice