Windows Media Player error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RickRogers

Hi,
I've had an HP Media Center PC but never tried to run TV before. I've now treid to run Media Center and get an error:
"Strong Validation failed for assembly 'C\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe'. The file may have been tampered...
Pressing OK returns an exception: "Process id=0xee0 (3808), Thread id=0x434 (1076)

I know this is not a new problem (in general) as I've found loads of internet hits. However, I've been unable to correct it, even though I've tried to download various fixes from Microsoft, including "...Update rollup 2"- the last one said it required Windows Media Player 2005, which I thought would have been my version, unless it has updated itself automatically...

Any help welcome. Thanks

First Name
Jim
First, confiirm the actual version of Windows that you are using.

Control Panel / System / General Tab

RickRogers

Thanks for post.
I manually installed SP3, but the symptoms are the same.

I had to completely re-install windows in September this year. I know Media Player has worked in the past (though I don't regularly use it). The re-install was a complete hassle, as MSoft seems to have pulled support for automatic updates to SP2.

All I'm actually trying to do is to access TV, as there's a TV tuner card in the PC. Is there any other way of accessing this?

First Name
Jim
Skip the whole automatic updates hassle. You can manually download all of the Service Packs (they are available for network administrators). After all of the SP's are installed, Automatic Updates will function to get the security updates.

You could simply use third party software. The card likely shipped with software (unless it was an OEM install). There may be other conflicts (I've not used it, so I'm not sure) as the purpose of XP Media Center Edition was that tuner support built-in.

yeah, i think so, After all of the SP's are installed, Automatic Updates will function to get the security updates.thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online