Windows Media Player error!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

divaj

Whenever I click on windows media player, I get an error message that say's "can't perform operation, low memory". It's been doing this for a while now with a host of other problems. For instance, I can't open links that would lead to using windows media player like a video link. I have WMP 9 series on W2K Pro. I have a ton of memory left. What could possibly be the problem?. It's about to drive me up the wall. Can anyone please help?

How much RAM have you got then (try opening Task Manager when you open a video file and see what the RAM & CPU usage is for each process)? Are you running a lot of other programs?

divaj

No, I know I have a lot of memory left, but I don't know how much.
I can't open a video file because I can't open links that open in a new window, neither can I open files that will eventually open windows media player. Also, the windows media player that's in the taskbar only plays sounds instead of the video.

Sorry for the late response.

I am also getting this problem ... started occuring after I updated to Windows Media Player 10.

I am running a Dell Inspiron 8500 2.6 GHz P4 with 1GB ram using XP pro. I cannot even start media player.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and even tried a shareware app called freemem to diagnose. The least amount of free memory I had was 540 MB, and it would not start.

I tried to revert to an older media player, but system will not allow it.

Thanks.

volzalum said:
I am also getting this problem ... started occuring after I updated to Windows Media Player 10.

I am running a Dell Inspiron 8500 2.6 GHz P4 with 1GB ram using XP pro. I cannot even start media player.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and even tried a shareware app called freemem to diagnose. The least amount of free memory I had was 540 MB, and it would not start.

I tried to revert to an older media player, but system will not allow it.

Thanks.
I finally managed to correct this on my computer by managing to rollback to a previous version of Windows Media Player, and for the Windows Media Runtime in the "update programs" section of the control panel. It took me a lot to figure out, but I believe it was the Windows media runtime update from microsoft that was causing the issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online