1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player help

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by monkee102, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkee102

monkee102 Thread Starter

Hi,

Need some simple help on ripping on Windows Media Player - I'm useless with computers so be gentle and speak slowly:)

1: Everytime i put a cd in drive it automatically starts ripping, even though i've ticke the box marked "never" for this function. How can i change this?

2: how i can i stop it uploading the name, picture of CD from internet? i want to enter data manually as alot of the time it brings up the wrong info.

3: I rip a lot off multi-artist compilation albums, but i only perhaps want a couple of tracks off each. i rip one track, change the name of it etc in my media library (i always put the album name as that tracks artist as i want to seperate it all by artist).
    Then when i rip another track off the same compilation album it automatically attaches it to the same album as the previous track i've ripped, when i really want to create it as a seperate album in my library?

This may be as a result of my 2nd question.

Can anyone decipher the above and help me out, i'd be very appreciative!

Cheers

Ian

2. stantley

stantley

I have WMP 10, so if you have a different version the options might be a little different.
    In WMP options, Rip Music tab, uncheck "Rip music CD when inserted".

In WMP options, Privacy tab, uncheck "Update music files by retrieving media info from the internet".
    Also the Library tab, uncheck "Retrieve additional information from the internet".

Yes, if WMP doesn't get the data from the internet it will be easier to edit manually.

But if you're going to build a large music collection you might want to use something other than WMP. Give MediaMonkey a try, especially since your Tech Support Guy name is monkee102. :)

3. monkee102

monkee102 Thread Starter

Cheers for replying!
    I've already unchecked the boxes you advise but it doesn't seem to make any difference..think it's probably picking up the data straight from the CD rather than the internet then...

I'll give my brother, the Media Monkey a go.....
    thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice