1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player - How to play media without any skin and floating media controls

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bruce75, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce75

Bruce75 Thread Starter

Hello all, I tried to reply to the thread with a similar title to provide a correct answer. So I am reintroducing the topic and providing an answer that seems to work.

Problem: I want to use media player with very minimal frame. Many answers are "play full screen". But I know that media can be played in windows media without any skin, very minimal framing and floating media controls over the video that auto hide when you move away.

Answer:
    1. Press Ctrl-2. This puts you in a skin mode. There should be menu items at the top: File, View, Play, Tools, Help
    2. Choose View->Skin Chooser
    3. You are now in the full media player experience. Do not choose a skin. Click the 3 square & arrow thing at the bottom "Switch to now playing"
    4. Viola! No skin, minimal borders and floating media controls.

I have no idea why this is not a simple option. I think what I am choosing is the most basic skin, maybe not even intended for use. But this is my favorite player, super simple.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1132175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice