1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player & iPod/Zen Touch

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jfausmith, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfausmith

jfausmith Thread Starter

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 with Windows XP Pro with SP2. I am using Windows Media Player 11.05721.5230. Right now I have 26GB of music that I ripped from CD's to the D: drive in my computer. I RIP the CD's with Windows Media Audio Pro format with a Bit Rate of 192 Kbps.

My problem is that when I play some of the songs on my PC it sounds like the song is skipping. I tried every fix that I could find but still have the same problem. I have been told that the skips are coming from the CD due to scratches on the CD. That isn't correct because some of the CD's were brand new and had no scratches. My temporary fix it to just delete the song. I copied my music to a new location on the HD and then deleted the old location and defraged the HD. After that I am still having the same problem.

When I copy music from my PC to either my iPod or my Zen Touch I get the same kind of errors.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

2. stantley

stantley

Hi, welcome to TSG.

I would try ripping some songs to Mp3 format and see if they work better for you. Mp3 is a more universal format and can be played on a wide variety of devices.

WMA Pro just never really caught on and not many devices will play it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/741983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice