1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media player not playing internet explorer videos.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by minameise, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. minameise

minameise Thread Starter

When I click on any kind of internet explorer video clip to view it, It gives an error message...

Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

Then I click more info and I get...

C00D1198: Cannot connect to the server
    Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server hosting the content that you want to play. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The name of the server hosting the content is not valid. If you typed a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address in the Open URL dialog box, verify that the file name is spelled correctly and that the path to the file is correct, and then try again. If you clicked a link on a Web page, the link might not be valid.
    The server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not online). Try again later.
    The proxy server settings for Windows Media Player are not configured properly. Verify that your proxy server settings are correct.
    To verify your proxy server settings
    On the Tools menu, click Options, click the Network tab, and then verify your settings in the Streaming proxy settings area.
    Note

If you do not know what your proxy server settings should be, on the Network tab, select a protocol, click Configure, and then select Autodetect proxy settings or Use proxy settings of the Web browser (available for HTTP protocol only).
    Error ID = 0xC00D1198, Condition ID = 0x00000000

It used to not be like this. Anyone know what the problem is?
    Thnak you very much.

2. minameise

minameise Thread Starter

3. minameise

minameise Thread Starter

cmon and help me here ppl, today's my birthday lol.

4. minameise

minameise Thread Starter

5. wings2005

wings2005 Banned

a) What's the url of the clip
    b) What's the version of your Media Player
    c) Which OS are you using

6. minameise

minameise Thread Starter

woops, ok sorry.

the url of the clip= it can be any clip anywhere on the net, as long as when I click it media player is the one to play it. Like for expample, if when I click it(any video clip),if it is a quicktime file then quick time will successfully play it, but If I click on a media player default file, media player will come up and it will unsuccessfully be able to play it.

Im using windows XP professional.

windows media player Version 10.00.00.3646

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/383410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice