windows media player not playing media

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bluebloods

in fact i can t even oopen it!

each time i try and error message appears:

"gdiplus.dll is missing"

what can i do to fix the problem?

iv already tried downloading the software from the microsoft website but the same message came up.

iv also searched my pc for the gdipus.dll file and loads come up!

what can i do?

Have you run the System File Check utility? if not then start with that. Open up your run dialogue and type "sfc /scannow" make sure you have your xp disc in your cdrom drive as it will use it to cross reference the files.

bluebloods

unfortunately i seem to have misplaced that cd

are there any alternative solutions?

bluebloods

thank-u 4 ur suggestion btw.

i downloaded a copy from that link just dont kno what to do with it now?
wen i click to open it it says i need to open with.... something.
what shall i do now?

You can browse to c:\windows\winSxS folder copy and paste the file there. Mine has 3 copies of that dll if that doesn't work try to rename all of the gdiplus.dll except the one you pasted to gdiplus.dll.old do not delete them you can change them back if this doesn't work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online