Windows Media Player not playing music! please help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xhippiegurlx

I recently got a Zune and for the Zune software to work, WMP needs to work. A few months ago, it stopped playing music altogether. Not one song. It won't even play anything off of a CD, or on the internet. I was probably on the phone with Zune for 7-8 hours for them to tell me they couldn't help me. I was then connected to Microsoft, who told me I could call Acer or pay 60 dollars plus tax to Microsoft for them to help me. I called Acer and they said I would have to pay $60 per 30 mins. I don't have that kind of money right now and i just want my WMP fixed!!
Can someone help me please!!

Welcome
Here's an answer that someone found (seems like alot of trouble to me, syncing music to Att phone then back to,,,,)
http://askville.amazon.com/Zune-Win...edia-player/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=5785573

I suggest reinstalling the Media Player. Click Start, type Turn Windows features on and off

Uncheck the player, apply, restart Windows, recheck, apply, restart Windows.

The above may be a quick fix that won't last though?

Have you tried the free "Jet Player" - there's not much it won't play or burn and it will run circles around WMP.
http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

Hope this helps as it seems you have found what others have - (it may be awhile before Microsoft decides to deal with this issue)

xhippiegurlx

Thanks. I tried the Jet audio player yesterday, but for some reason or another, it kept bugging out and I really didn't like it. I've tried several different media players now, and none of them seem to work right.
I would like to know what Microsoft or Acer would have done if I had paid the money to talk to them. Anyone know?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts