1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player Not Working Properly

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Luqmanpk, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Luqmanpk

Luqmanpk Thread Starter

Hi to every one...

Few days back I "install" stuff on my computer and Windows Media Player 11 stops working. It reads: An internal application error has occured.
    I solved the problem from one of the thread :eek:

http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/390851-solved-windows-media-player-not.html

which instructs,

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type

regsvr32 jscript.dll

After this, I installed media player and it start working for me (y)... But I still got few problems...:(

1. There is no icon for media player any where... I just see media player while playing any audio/video file...
    2. After upgrading Media player 11, it some times stops playing video files
    3. After a restarting computer, media player stops working again and I have to install it again, and same chain follows.

I am using Windows XP SP-II (Genuine)

If somebody helps me in this regard... I don't want to reinstall my window as it is Genuine and upgraded for last 10-11 months...

Will be thankful...:)

regards

Luqman

2. Luqmanpk

Luqmanpk Thread Starter

Hello... is no one there to help me solving my prb...

will be gratefull for this...

Thanx

regard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/782765