Windows Media Player Now Playing Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Eddy1108

Hello, I'm new here and I hope that I can get this fixed,
um well lets see first I'll start with my problem.
I have Windows Media Player 11 it worked fine for a real long time but recently it finally something happened to it. I can hear sound just fine except that I can see no video at all I've tried different videos and nothing all I get is sound, but the weirder thing is that my Enhancements box is completely blank along with the video it won't show any visualizations either. I tried using Windows media classic and it worked fine I also tried iTunes and it was good. I also checked if it can stream any videos but it won't do either but it will stream on firefox. I'm not quite sure what I can do.

corrupt files maybe>>> try this and then reinstall;
Can I uninstall Windows Media Player 11?

Yes, if you decide later that you want to return to your previous version of the Player, you can uninstall Windows Media Player 11
Rolling back to a previous version of the Player

Windows Media Player is a feature of the Windows operating system and cannot be removed entirely. However, in Windows XP, you can roll back to the version of the Player that was previously on your computer.

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to perform the following procedure.
  1. Disconnect any portable music or video devices that might be attached to your computer.
  2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  3. In the Category View of Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Remove a program.
  4. Click Windows Media Player 11, and then click Remove.
    If Windows Media Player 11 is not displayed in the list of currently installed programs, then try the following:
    1. At the top of the list, select the Show updates check box.
    2. In the Windows XP - Software Updates section, click Windows Media Player 11, and then click Change/Remove.
  5. In each of the two confirmation dialog boxes that appear, click OK.
  6. When the rollback process is complete (it might take several minutes), click Restart.
  7. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  8. In the Category View of Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Remove a program.
  9. Click Windows Media Format 11 Runtime, and then click Remove.
    If Windows Media Format 11 Runtime is not displayed in the list of currently installed programs, then try the following:
    1. At the top of the list, select the Show updates check box.
    2. In the Windows XP - Software Updates section, click Windows Media Format 11 Runtime, and then click Change/Remove.
      If you installed a non-US English version of Windows Media Player 11, the instructions in the dialog boxes that are mentioned in steps 9, 10, and 11 might appear in English.
  10. In the first confirmation dialog box that appears, click OK.
  11. In the second confirmation dialog box that appears, select the Do you want to continue with the rollback? check box, and then click OK.
  12. When the rollback process is complete (it might take several minutes to complete), click Restart.
  13. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  14. In the Category View of Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Remove a program.
  15. Click Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0.0, and then click Remove.
  16. Follow the instructions that appear in the Software Update Removal Wizard.
    If the Wudf01000 confirmation dialog box appears, click Yes to continue. When the software removal process is complete (it might take several minutes to complete), click Finish.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0109.mspx#EWFAC

Eddy1108

Hey thanks for replying back but I tried to rollback it worked but on the add/remove programs it still says that windows media player 11 is still installed even though I rolled back to windows media player 10 and it still shows the same symptoms I wanted to go back up to windows media player 9 but I couldn't for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Did you try to uninstall it in the add/remove section of the control panel?
vicks

If you are using XP (I know nothing about vista) you could do a system restore to a date prior to when the problem started.
vicks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online