Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows media player on xp playing problems.

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Mahmud603 
#1 ·
why does the playback lag, it like plays for a sec pauses for awhile and plays for a couple secs and pauses this happens all the time. how do i fix this?

i am on a
1.3ghz duron
geforce4 mx420
690mb ram
dsl

i tried setting the video aceleration on media player to normal and none, still does it.

hmm i just also tried to play this video on kazaa i was dling, and it played smoothly through kazaa when my sound card was working.

but now my sound cut off and its skipping a bit too..

i dont think my sound card is compatible with xp it shuts off after a couple secs after running a program, except for warcraft 3.. is this the problem?

#2 ·
Hi There

There's a couple thinks to check...

Besides the Video hardware accelleration, there's also AUDIO accelleration and sample rate!

Go into control panel--Sounds & Audio Devices
on your playback device, click the "Advanced" button
try dropping the sample rate and test! if that doesn't fix it, lower the accelleration rate too!

Good Luck!

ST

#4 ·
io tried lowering the sample rate and **** sound still cuts off, and i dont think my drivers are compatible with xp cause i have a aureal vortex 8810 and they stopped making drivers up to win 98 i believe. and when my bro had this sound card it was cutting off on his xp too.. and the video still skips and **** even under the smallest size :(

#7 ·
no i played it in kazaa on xp, and hmm what the hell is wrong then, i installed the aureal drivers with xp. and sound is still cutting off and **** while playing cs, and running media player, also when hte sound cuts off in cs, fps drops to 30 and stays at 30

could it be that external cache is disabled?

#12 ·
Had an Aureal Vortex 2 in my Aptiva which was great under Win 98.

Installed Win 2000 and now XP and would not work properly in both OSs due to lack of updated drivers.

Have replaced the sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.