1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player or RealOne Player taking hell lot of time in opening media!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by atish_aa, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. atish_aa

atish_aa Thread Starter

I have a problem opening any media file in any of the Media Players viz., RealOne Player build 6.0.11.868 or my Windows Media Player 10.
    Whenever I open the above mentioned Media Players on my system, their interface opens up and after I open and select any media (usually audio) file, the player keeps on connecting to the file and takes more than 1 minute and above in opening and playing any valid and good media file, may it be a .wma or .mp3 audio file.
    How to fasten the dead slow speed of the players?

PLEASE HELP!!! :mad:

2. Sponsor

3. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

Try to open them in mplayer.exe
    It's in the Windows Media Player directory on your PC.

If you don't like this w95 looking way of playing files, there are zillions of alternative players especialy for mp3. :)

4. junker39

junker39

You can try setting your firewall to deny internet access to MP. It may be trying to find the specifics of the media you are opening.(title, artist,date,.....)

5. atish_aa

atish_aa Thread Starter

How to go about it?

6. junker39

junker39

7. atish_aa

atish_aa Thread Starter

Thanks! I've installed Xonealarm Pro! And now the problem has almost been solved.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/290847