Windows Media Player or RealOne Player taking hell lot of time in opening media!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

atish_aa

I have a problem opening any media file in any of the Media Players viz., RealOne Player build 6.0.11.868 or my Windows Media Player 10.
Whenever I open the above mentioned Media Players on my system, their interface opens up and after I open and select any media (usually audio) file, the player keeps on connecting to the file and takes more than 1 minute and above in opening and playing any valid and good media file, may it be a .wma or .mp3 audio file.
How to fasten the dead slow speed of the players?

PLEASE HELP!!! :mad:

Try to open them in mplayer.exe
It's in the Windows Media Player directory on your PC.

If you don't like this w95 looking way of playing files, there are zillions of alternative players especialy for mp3. :)

You can try setting your firewall to deny internet access to MP. It may be trying to find the specifics of the media you are opening.(title, artist,date,.....)

atish_aa

Thanks! I've installed Xonealarm Pro! And now the problem has almost been solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online