1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lazyloon, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lazyloon

lazyloon Thread Starter

I currently am unable to access WMP 10.... when i try and open it, it requests that i restart my pc in administrator mode and finish download.....My pc is already setup in that mode....It appears that WMP 11 was trying to be d/l ed by the kids and when i try and re-install WMP 10 it comes up stating that its not compatible with my pc......Anyway of re-installing 10 and starting fresh....have tried a system restore with no success as well:confused:

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

We would need the computer stats or specs for this one. It might just be that wmp 10 might not be compatible with your computer.

3. lazyloon

lazyloon Thread Starter

WMP 10 was operational prior Just appears files are missing or in the attempted upgrade of WMP 11 files deleted

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

We will still need the system specs or stats for your computer so we know a little bit on what we are working on. Also I would suggest deleting the original downloaded installation file for WMP 11 and re-downloading a new file and doing a system restore to before trying to install WMP11 and then trying the installation again

5. lazyloon

lazyloon Thread Starter

Running Windows XP Pro SP2....... P4 1.5 CPU....768mb ram ....Tried to uninstall but comes that the program is in use??? When i attempted to d/l WMP10 says it is not compatible with this copy of windows.....If all else fails how can i switch WMP as my default for opening up attachments in Outlook Express to something else?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice