1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by youngcharles, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youngcharles

youngcharles Thread Starter

I am using a Cube 2.6h computer with 4G of ram running XP SP3. My problem is with Windows media player 10. In the past I have ripped my CD collection to my computer using Windows media player 10 in Windows media audio format to My Music folder. I now want to use Windows media player 10 to re-rip my CD collection to my computer but this time to a different folder and in MP3 format. I have managed to change the destination and the format. My problem is that when I insert and close a CD that has been previously ripped using Windows media player 10 it gets ejected as it has already been ripped. How do I stop Windows media player 10 from doing this and just get on and rip as if the CD was one that had not been previously ripped?

2. stantley

stantley

Try deleting the WMA songs from the WMP library, making sure that the option "Delete files from computer when deleted from library" is NOT checked, which is the default.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976042

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice