Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Media PLayer-Song Location

957 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ryland 
#1 ·
My windows media player for XP doesn't always recognise when I have moved my downloaded songs to a new folder. In other words, all of my songs are in one folder, but the media player thinks that some are in that folder, and that others are in other folders that the song was once stored in. How do I get media player to keep up with these location changes.

Ryland

#2 ·
Add them to your playlist:

Click Media Library, and then click the item that you want to add to a playlist.

Click Add to playlist, and then from the drop-down menu, do one of the following:

Click the playlist you want to add items to.

Click Additional Playlists, click the playlist that you want to add items to, and then click OK.

Repeat steps 1–2 to add as many items to the playlist as you want.

Note: You can also add items to a playlist by dragging files in Media Library or from My Computer, or you can right-click a file, click Add to Playlist, select the playlist, and then click OK.

You can add items to a playlist as long as they are listed in Media Library. If the item that you want to add to a playlist is not in Media Library, you must add it to Media Library before you can add it to a playlist.

#3 ·
All the songs are on my playlist, they are in the media library where I can listen to them. The songs however as you may know, are not actually stored in windows media player, the player acts as a shell for media stored in other folders. My problem is that all of my songs have been stored in different folders at one time or another, and the location of each song (properties) is not always accurate. I.E. song 1 was stored in folder A, then I moved song 1 to folder B. When I check properties, it says it is still stored in folder A, so when I go to burn the song onto a CD, it cannot find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.