1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player Urggghhhh!!!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by spacemonkey, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spacemonkey

spacemonkey Thread Starter

ok here goes.

I have the recent version of windows media player and after loading on all my music onto my secound hard drive i then attempt to get the player to search for the files. It finds all the media files (24000 of them) then attempts to add them to its playlist and crashes all the time.

I have re-installed a fresh version and it still does the same. I also have the same problem if i try and use the free version of real player. I aam currently in the process of correctly tagging allll of my media files. but i cant see how that can make any difference.

Any ideas guys or an alternative to windows/real media player. Ur idea wud be of gr8 help

2. i hate ram

i hate ram

if u have xp, try itunes

3. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

4. forte21xx

forte21xx

i'd say winamp is the best fullyfeatured media player available. If it doesn't have what you need, you can probably find a plugin for it.

5. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Another option for Media Player is to go to the Tools>Options and remove any checks in areas that mention monitoring your files and/or hard drive.

There is a note in those options that indicates you may have problems with the feature if you have too many folders....

MBN

6. wizzkid

wizzkid

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

A nice one that has no adware, is upgradable but works fine with the free version, replaces WMP, RealPlayer, and Quicktime, is JetAudio:

www.jetaudio.com

8. spacemonkey

spacemonkey Thread Starter

thanx guys i will check them all out

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice