1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player using over 100Mb RAM

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by GeneralJesus13, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralJesus13

GeneralJesus13 Thread Starter

Lately my windows media player has been using an inordinate amount of RAM. usually whether just idle or playing a song from the library it takes about 100 Mb, when it used to take about 15Mb, however i have seen it spike as high as 202Mb when opening a new song. i was wondering if anyone else knows why it is doing this or knows how to fix it. when using it to play files simply by opening the actual song file with WMP it only takes about 35 to 40 Mb. if anyone can help me fix this i would really appreciate it. i will be happy to provide any more information should it be required.

2. GeneralJesus13

3. GeneralJesus13

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice