1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows media player windows 2003 server, won't play online clips, stream.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by techwizard, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techwizard

techwizard Thread Starter

I have a amd athlon 2100+ with 256 mb ddr (should be getting some more)running windows 2003 server.

MY PROBLEM
    When I try opening any online video, (online clip, or streaming media) I get this message "windows media player cannot play this file. Connect to the internet or insert the removable media on which the file is located, and then try to play the file again. BUT I'm online and can do I think everything online. I disbaled windows firewall and don't have any currently installed. I've tried going to options and enable everything and configure everything to automatic, BUT that wouldn't help either. I don't know if this might help, But I do keep on getting occasionally the "view offline" or "try again" window. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated ! THANKS FOR YOU TIME!

2. rude

rude

Open Windows Media Player.
    On the Tools menu, click Options.
    On the Network tab, make sure that the appropriate check boxes are selected (Multicast, TCP, and HTTP).

If that doesn't work try this:

Go here and download The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility :
    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;290301
    See if WMP is listed in the utility (it may not be,but worth a shot) if it is listed remove it.
    Then re-install Wmp

3. rude

rude

Did you get sorted out?

4. Time Out

Time Out

5. rude

rude

6. techwizard

techwizard Thread Starter

Dear rude! Sorry for not responding sooner.
    I tried that link you gave me, But It doesn't have any wmp or windows media player. I tried that other thing in options, everything is checked. Now I notice it says connecting and buffering, But the the indicator doesn't show any action. Then I get this "done".

7. rude

rude

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/244225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice