1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player won't play new DVD's

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by raffikki, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raffikki

raffikki Thread Starter

I updated to WMP 11 and now I can't play my newly bought dvd's :mad:

I have searched threads here and have so far d/led DECCHECKSetup and ran that. (I have attached a pic of the results)
    I tried what was suggested and set InterVideo Video Decoder as the preferred decoder but there was change :(
    At the moment it has been reset to defults.

I rolled back to WMP 10 and now I get Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a problem occurred with digital copyright protection.

It does however play dvd's bought in Bali :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

Try this:
    go to my computer and right click on your dvd drive and select properties.
    Click the DVD region tab and select the Australia one.
    You can also use a program called Any DVD to bypass encryption, but you didn't hear that from me.

3. raffikki

raffikki Thread Starter

Thanks Jackiefrost9 :)
    That worked (y)
    I am wondering though why I had this problem, it seems to only be with newish dvd's :confused:

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

everyone on the site heard it from you. you oughta refresh yourself on the rules.:cool:

5. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

it's because the region code anly applies to newer dvds with that type of digital encryption.

6. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

You have to have the correct region set to match the DVD's region. With AnyDVD running you avoid region conflicts. Remember if you change your burners region you can only do it 5 times then it will be locked at the last Region you set it to.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice