Windows Media Player

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dfspring

I'm kinda scarce about change. I want to know if the wmp 9 is ok to download without any complications as for as messing up anything. I'm running windows xp. I see that the update is on microsoft scan update, and also if I download that will I have to download the DirectX 9.0. I would appreciate the advise to help me to understand it.

if you have any previous version of wmp then i suggest not to download it i have read in this site various problems faced by users .
many said that it contained spyware which sends informations about your computer. so i suggest you to avoid it

I'm happy with WMP9, I've been using it for awhile with no problems. You do not need DX9 to use WMP9.

I too have been using WMP 9.0. I have had no problems at all and I have not found any spyware in it either. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online