1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows media player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sgb, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sgb

sgb Thread Starter

I have operating system windows 98se, and my windows media player 6.4.07.1112, and having problems with listening to music off the internet what happens the music breaks up and sometimes comes as buffing the sound is not smooth. what do i need to do , i did try to go into my buffer and change that but it wouldn't let me. heres what i did, under windows media:
    view
    options
    advance
    window media
    advance
    change
    tried to increase the buffer its at 5 now, but when the screen came up it was big and could not see the bottom where it says ok apply cancel i just had to close it . Is there someting else i can do?????? please help i am just a beginner

2. kknla

kknla

What is your connection? Sometimes a 56k connection can not keep up with the music download. ITs being downloaded while you are listening to it. You can try to download the file first, and then listen, as long as the music is not being played live.

3. sgb

sgb Thread Starter

Thank you for the help I think my conncetion is 56 k I am using for interent Starpower, so is there any way to listen music live like for example the radio that you can from the interent or do you have to always download and how do you download??? also I just saw that I can download a mp3 player if I did that would that help or is it because of my connection. thank you..

4. kknla

kknla

I do not believe that a diff player would be of any help. When listening to live music, you will sometimes hear cracks or it might cut out. This is not always being caused by a slow connection. This is on the server end also. Sometimes when the internet trafic is high, it might result in break ups and it might have to buffer again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice