1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by LuckyPutt, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LuckyPutt

LuckyPutt Thread Starter

When playing video in WMP that was created on a cannon FS100 video camera it plays once perfectly but subsequent attempts just get sawtooth colored horizontal lines. Closing and reopening WMP allows the one time playback but not a second. I have tried changing file from .mod to .mpg and same result. Any ideas?

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

3. LuckyPutt

LuckyPutt Thread Starter

I don't even know what VCL player is. I was really trying to figure out why WMP only works the first time. Not looking to start installing new software. Thank You

4. wannahelp

wannahelp

I own a JVC model that uses the same file extention. You do not need to convert them in order to play on WMP. Have you tried to update your video card driver and Direct-x driver? If you have, try lowering the acceleration the video card uses for playback.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice