1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Media Plyaer and DVD playing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AlMujtahid, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlMujtahid

AlMujtahid Thread Starter

I have WinXP Home and the Windows Media Player that came with it. When I asked I was told that I should be able to play a DVD with WMP. But when I try to play it says I need a decoder or it says cannot play try to decrease the number of colors or the screen res. Why is it doing this? If I use my other DVD player, InterVideo WinDVD4 it plays it, with issues of course.

2. rude

rude

Can you copy/paste the whole error message for me,the more info you can provide,the easier it is to help you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice