1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool is causing Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ultima232, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ultima232

ultima232 Thread Starter

Hi, I'm new on these forums and this is my first post. Nice to meet you all.

Anyway, I have windows Vista Business and it's my first time switching from Windows XP. I explored most of the OS already and tried out the new features. Here's my problem:

I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool 5 days ago, for the first time. I hit "run diagnostic check on the next reboot" and it scheduled a diagnostic memory check for me.

I know i don't have memory problems but i ran the test anyway. It came back with no errors in my memory. Now I log back into windows after it self-restarts and it tells me that no errors were found. Now all is good, except now every time i reboot, the memory diagnostic tool runs, checking my memory.... it takes 8 minutes if I don't cancel the test myself and it's getting annoying.

Is there anyway to stop this thing from running every time i boot up? The diagnostic test runs after the P.O.S.T. and before Vista begins to load.

here are my machine specs:
    Lenovo T61 laptop
    Intel Core2Duo 2.4ghz T7700
    Nvidia 140m
    2gb RAM and 1gb turbocache

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592324