1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Window's Message "Spyware detected" sys32.privacyremover and virtumonde

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bremac, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bremac

bremac Thread Starter

Hi, I tried to find info on this and couldn't and I don't have much time since I'm using someone else's computer and I am really scared. :( I was on google today and this message about "Antivirus SP Install" came up and I tried to cancel it but I'm not sure what happened and then everything froze. When I rebooted my desktop was white with a message saying "Window's warning: Spyware Detected on your Computer! and the names were something like sys32.privacyremoverms64 and another one. I am scared to turn my computer on again so I cannot get the exact names. I tried running Norton 360 and it found something but then shut down and when I tried to reboot the next time I could not do anything, there is just an hourglass so I turned it off again and left it off.

I had a virus a few years ago that someone on here helped me fix (thank you!) but I don't remember anything, including how to put my computer in safe mode. I'm in med school and in the middle of studying for boards so this is the worst possible timing and I don't know what to do. If noone can help me on here maybe there is a suggestion of where I could take my computer?

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

3. bremac

bremac Thread Starter

Yes, it's the same thing. I couldn't figure out how to delete my post or I would have! I was very confused yesterday... I am being helped in the other thread, thanks for checking. :) I am going to donate to this site, I love you guys!

4. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

No problem. I'll just close this one!

Happy to hear you like the site! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/743363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice