Windows messenger in Win XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nando

Hi,
I was using Win ME and I had the latest msn messenger 6.2 installed. Now that I have installed win xp in my machine I have 2 versions of the msn messenger installed.

The 6.2 I used to have

And the 4.7 version, which was installed by win xp and it seems to be running by default. Instead of opening the latest version when I start my pc and/or connect to the internet, iot opens the 4.7 version.

I would like any help about this issue. Can I remove the old version without harming the system. How do I do it?

thanks!

Is a little freeware program that disables Windows Messenger. Once done, you can install and run MSN Messenger. Get it at www.grc.com in the free apps section. There are other security apps and information that you might also be interested in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts