1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Messenger?? NEEEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kickrz, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kickrz

kickrz Thread Starter

Ok I have Windows Messenger that comes with XP and until today it has been working fine. But now none of the right sounds are working. Like whenit is minimized and someone types instead of an alert all I get it a beep. And it is NOT coming out of the speakers. I can mute the sound and still hear it.
    I have checked the option in Messenger and all the right sounds are where they should be. I also tried updating messenger but that didn't help either.
    The beeping is coming from the tower and I have no idea WHY or how to make it stop beeping.
    I want my old sounds back.

Any ideas???
    Please Help!!!
    Beeping is driving me NUTS and I can't turn it off.

Thanks
    ~Lynn

2. mobo

mobo

Yoy could try a system restore to yesterday.

3. kickrz

kickrz Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply but I was kinda hopeing to figure out what caused this. It is weird that is isn't coming from the speakers and I want to know how to fix rather then just make it go away.
    But if that is the only option I have then I guess I will.

Still looking for other options before I do a restore.

Thanks!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice