1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WIndows Messenger problem once again!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rnemac, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnemac

rnemac Thread Starter

Feb 1, 2011
    Hey I'm new to the forums, but I've searched through it and seen people with similar problems so ima give it a try, maybe you guys can help me. I also know this question has been posted many many times but since non of the answers worked for me maybe there's something different going on w. my computer

I tried to download the new version of messenger but I wasn't aware it required windows vista and up, I'm currently using XP so I unistalled my old version and when I realized the new one would not work I tried to go back to the old version and then problems began. 80040154 is the error I get from messenger it also tells me that "your hosts file contains MSN related entries" I've done a couple things but they seem not to work at all.

The version of my currently installed messenger is Version
    2009 (Build 12.0.8117.416)

I've tried to:
    Uninstall/install it again
    Force Uninstall it
    Zap Messenger
    Downloading msxml3.msi
    Regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll

This is the contact log I get from messenger, I don't know if it helps

I'll be willing to provide more info if needed. I would really appreciate any help!! :(

I think my registry is just completely ****ed up.

PS: The second attachment contains my "hosts" but is mostly in spanish =/ !

Attached Files:

2. Lozzy-loz

Feb 5, 2010
    Whilst I can't help with your messenger problem here is a link to a multipurpose messenger program that you can log into messenger icq aim etc.Might put you on while someone comes up with a solution.

3. rnemac

rnemac Thread Starter

Feb 1, 2011
    Thanks! I'm using my ipod until I find a solution.

I would also like to point out that I have revo uninstaller pro, and I doesnt even recognize messenger even though is installed.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/978270