1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows minimizing /poping

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rodzila, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rodzila

Rodzila Thread Starter

Hey

When i play a game /watch a movie on wmp in the middle of it the game minimizes to the desktop (not crashing) and i have to push alt+tab to go back or when i watch a movie the movie turn of full screen in to a small window.

I thought it was a programs that does that but even with every program closed it still does it.

i think its a tweak in windows that i need to uncheck or something .

please help
    thanks.

2. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

Are you running Norton Internet Security? I've heard problems of such things happening while Live Update is enabled (I was a victim of it once. For some reason, running the standalone version of NAV or Systemworks does not cause this problem). If you are running Norton Internet Security, try disabling Live Update and see if the problem persists.

3. Rodzila

Rodzila Thread Starter

I am using only the symantec anti virus
    but it has live update but i dont know where to shut it off.

4. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

From within Norton Anti-Virus, click on Options (should be at the top) then click on Live Update (should be on the left hand menu) then uncheck Live Update. Restart your computer and see if the problem persists.

If the problem doesn't come back, I don't know if there's any updates to fix it, but you should try manually running Live Update and installing all the patches. If there was some patches installed, try re-enabling it again. If problem persists, the only workaround I can think of is leaving live update off, then be sure to remember to do your updates once a week on your own.

5. Rodzila

Rodzila Thread Starter

didnt work.

i have no idea what is it i closed every program i could also the anti virus and it still minimizes any aplication game/ movie i dont know

oh and also i see a messege flashes every 5 min or so but its to fast so i cant read it but i think its connected

any idea??

6. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

Is it a specific game that has this problem? If so, which game.

7. Rodzila

Rodzila Thread Starter

its all the games i play its nba live and
    uefa champions leauge

but its also when i watch a movie in full screen and it minimizes it to a small window.

8. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

Try reinstalling/upgrading your video card drivers.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice