1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows misbehaving while all settings are off

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dezaxat, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dezaxat

dezaxat Thread Starter

Hello, everybody. I have the weirdest problem ever and i can't get past it whatever i'm doing.

Everything started with the mouse (SteelSeries Rival 300) leds. When i had fast boot default (on) and left clicked my mouse while pc was shut down, it poped up the leds exactly the color in my steelseries preset. Time passed by, i did nothing to investigate and few days ago my gpu melted down (fans, display, everything). I started to investigate further. Turned off fast boot and here the problem rockets.

When i left click my mouse while pc is shut down, the pc just starts (with fast boot off).
    I tried: powercfg -lastwake
    Wake History Count - 0

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    NONE

The thing that's weirder is that before that, i tried "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" and got some 3 keyboard slots from device manager and the lan adaptor. Went through device manager, unchecked every possible thing that said "Let this wake up my computer", went through BIOS, disable everything aswell and the problem persists.

Could this be a PSU problem?

As for my desktop, there it is:

I5 4690 (non-K)
    AsRock H97 Pro4
    4x4 HyperX Savage DDR3 1600 mhz
    ex - Sapphire R9 390 Nitro Backplate - currently dead
    Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W White
    Mice - Steelseries Rival 300
    KB - Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Monitor - Asus VG248QE

I'm currently using the integrated gpu.

From time to time i take my gf GPU (RX 470) and the problem persists with and without gpu.

Same as with another mouse.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice