1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Mobile Device Center

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ddixonk, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddixonk

ddixonk Thread Starter

I downloaded and installed WMDC but it won't run. I goggled everything I could find on the subject but nothing worked. I am trying to get the program back so that I can sync my MX3000 remote to my PC. The remote works fine, but if I need to edit anything I will be SOL!. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Darrell

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3070 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 103016 MB, Free - 40119 MB; E: Total - 103023 MB, Free - 57398 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5N-D
    Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated and Enable

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

You can try the following:
    Plug your device into the computer
    Press Windows key + R In the open field type: devmgmt.msc
    Look under Network adapters for Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter, right click on it and select uninstall.
    Next look under Mobile Devices for Microsoft USB Sync, right click and uninstall.
    Now unplug your device and plug it back in, and see if WMDC launches.
    If some reason device manager is not picking up the device after plugging it back in, just right click on the computer name in device manager and select scan for hardware changes.

3. ddixonk

ddixonk Thread Starter

Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter not shown under Network Adapter.
    Regards
    Darrell

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1136574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice