1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Movie Maker causes Mic not to work

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Kevitzinn, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevitzinn

Kevitzinn Thread Starter

Here's what happens - - I plugged in my Microphone, (that plugs into the sound card located on my Motherboard) and then tested it on Sound Recorder (which comes installed with Windows XP, which is my operating system) and it did indeed record my voice properly. So I opened Windows Movie Maker, and attempted to use the Narrate action, which records the microphone and synchs it up with whichever part of the movie you need it to. Much to my dismay it did not work, and I opened Sound Recorder again to test my Mic, and again it didn't work. So I closed Windows Movie Maker and tested my Mic again with Sound Recorder, and it worked. I proceded to open Windows Movie Maker and test the Narrate function again, and it still didn't work, nor did Sound Recorder (when Windows MM was open) but once I closed Windows MM, Sound Recorder did record my voice. So obviously Windows MM is causeing my Mic to cease working at all whenever it is opened. That's all I can figure out...anyone got any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

2. technaught

technaught Banned

Do you have more than one sound card?

Are you sure that the audio input source is 'microphone'?

Do you have the 'input level' set high enough? Perhaps it is recording, but at a very low level...

3. Kevitzinn

Kevitzinn Thread Starter

Thank you, checking the input level for the microphone worked, I guess it sets the default at zero thank you very much. Later

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489827

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice