1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows movie maker help!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Caden517, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

I'm trying to save a 8 min video me and my friends want to upload to youtube, but when i try to save it as a movie file, it just sits there for a bit then pops up "Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk space available, and then try again". I don't know what to do! Please help! i did use a converter to convert the videos ( http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-3GP-Video-Converter.htm ) i don't wanna have to re-edit my video, cause it took me hours to do it! running windows 7, 64 bit.the version of windows movie maker is version 2.6

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you checked all the questions asked

the files are not always saved with the project ?

so have you moved or deleted the original files

3. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

Only one i havent checked it the memory, but i don't know how or what to do with that. i don't think its the memory, since i just transfered them over to my moms computer, and it gave the same messege

4. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

the only one i havent checked is the memory*

5. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

just checked the memory size, the file size is 934 KB (956,416 bytes) and i have 134,167,826,432 bytes (124 GB) free

6. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

Well now it says the estimated space required for this vid is 133.39 MB and that i have 127.95 GB disk space on drive C availible

7. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    did you transfer all the files used and were they in the same directory - if not that will be why it cannot find the originals

there is a way to save all the files with the movie

i fell in the same trap

8. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

over to my moms? yes, i transfered all the files used and looked in properities and made sure they were all in the place it said they needed to be

9. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what happens on the original PC - and can you create a movie file from there - so its just one file thats needed

10. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

Sorry, im confused on what you are asking

11. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    how did you save the movie file - as a project ?

12. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

Yes, the file is saved as a priject, and im trying to make it a movie file, but when i try, it gives me the messege i said above

13. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

project*

14. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is that on the original PC with all the files in the exact location ?

15. Caden517

Caden517 Thread Starter

Yes, what happened what the files were in MTS format, but windows movie maker doesnt support that, so i downloaded the converter that i posted above and converted it wo wmv format. but it wouldnt let me send it in, and i had the WTS and wmv files in the same folder. i heard that that might ba a problem, so i removed all the WTS files from the folder. i can still view the video's in Windows movie maker, its just not letting me convert it to a movie so i can post it on youtube

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice