windows movie maker please help me !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

casper03

whenever i try to use my movie maker in ME it will start the recording process but when i try to save it to my video folder
i get the following message:....
this file can not be imported make sure the file is a valid filetype
and that its contents have not been corrupted. c:\my documents\my videos\me.WMV

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
It says that it's can't be IMPORTED when you try to SAVE it? That doesn't make any sense to me... Anyone have any ideas?

casper03

brian mate the link is dead is there another way i can get there?

Sorry, ever since microsoft changed the format every once inawhile a link show dead like that

Here is what it says

Movie Maker Cannot Import a New File from Windows Media Player 7.0 (Q269407)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Windows Media Player 7
Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOMS
If you try to import a new .wma file from Windows Media Player 7.0 into Microsoft Windows Movie Maker presentations, you may receive the following error message:

This file cannot be imported. Make sure that it is a valid file type and that its contents have not been corrupted. (Path and Filename)

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the .wma file was created using Personal Rights Management in Windows Media Player 7.0.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps to clear the Personal Rights Management option:

Start Windows Media Player 7.0

On the Tools menu, click Options .

Click the CD Audio tab, and then clear the Enable Personal Rights Management check box.

Re-create the original file after the settings are changed.

NOTE : Windows Media Player 7.0 can now create content without Digital Rights Management, and use other applications including Movie Maker.

Check what you are saving it as. Be sure you are not exporting it to another extent. Since most of
Windows Movie Maker things are Crap, it is probably trying to export it instead of saving it.
The 1st Movie Maker was IMPOSSIBLE to use.
Wasted a whole week on it and finally gave up.
Now lucky I have THE PERFORMER from Gizmos.
Will check the darn Movie Maker and get back to you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online