1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows movie maker please help me !

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by casper03, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. casper03

casper03 Thread Starter

whenever i try to use my movie maker in ME it will start the recording process but when i try to save it to my video folder
    i get the following message:....
    this file can not be imported make sure the file is a valid filetype
    and that its contents have not been corrupted. c:\my documents\my videos\me.WMV

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    It says that it's can't be IMPORTED when you try to SAVE it? That doesn't make any sense to me... Anyone have any ideas?

3. casper03

casper03 Thread Starter

thanks for replying

4. brianF

brianF

5. casper03

casper03 Thread Starter

brian mate the link is dead is there another way i can get there?

6. brianF

brianF

Sorry, ever since microsoft changed the format every once inawhile a link show dead like that

Here is what it says

Movie Maker Cannot Import a New File from Windows Media Player 7.0 (Q269407)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Windows Media Player 7
    Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOMS
    If you try to import a new .wma file from Windows Media Player 7.0 into Microsoft Windows Movie Maker presentations, you may receive the following error message:

This file cannot be imported. Make sure that it is a valid file type and that its contents have not been corrupted. (Path and Filename)

CAUSE
    This behavior can occur if the .wma file was created using Personal Rights Management in Windows Media Player 7.0.

RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue, follow these steps to clear the Personal Rights Management option:

Start Windows Media Player 7.0

On the Tools menu, click Options .

Click the CD Audio tab, and then clear the Enable Personal Rights Management check box.

Re-create the original file after the settings are changed.

NOTE : Windows Media Player 7.0 can now create content without Digital Rights Management, and use other applications including Movie Maker.

7. Francie

Francie

Check what you are saving it as. Be sure you are not exporting it to another extent. Since most of
    Windows Movie Maker things are Crap, it is probably trying to export it instead of saving it.
    The 1st Movie Maker was IMPOSSIBLE to use.
    Wasted a whole week on it and finally gave up.
    Now lucky I have THE PERFORMER from Gizmos.
    Will check the darn Movie Maker and get back to you.

8. casper03

casper03 Thread Starter

thank's to all of you who have replied

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice