1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Movie Maker Problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bikerbcs, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bikerbcs

bikerbcs Thread Starter

Please help, Using my DXG 568 camera I took a 1 minute long video clip of me doing some Bmxing and loaded it onto my computer and played fine under Window Media Player and Quicktime to but I wanted to load it onto Windows Movie Maker and it didnt load all of the video and I have tried a few times. Instead of it playing the full 1 minute long video clip it's 18 seconds long... :eek: Can someone help me out?
    I'm sure I did everything right. I went on movie maker and clicked import into collections and it loaded quick and yeah.. One clip shown in the box and its only 18 seconds long..
    Note: Movie type is .AVI

2. help4me

help4me

When you import your files to movie maker, click on the task pane on the left side of the screen....click on import video files....when that window pops up check at the bottom of that window and see if the little box "create clips for video files" is checked. If so uncheck it and your entire video should import ok. I think movie maker resets itself each time so you might have to always UN-check that little box. Please reply either way :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice